Re: Question

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 05:50:45 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Cc: "Jim A. Bush" <james_bush@und.nodak.edu>

Jim A. Bush <james_bush@und.nodak.edu>:

> Can the drop down menus I created in Fireworks MX not be used if I
> want the page to be accessible?

As rule of thumb, it's accessible, if you can use it without the scripts.

> <script language="JavaScript1.2" src="mm_menu.js">
> ^
> Error: required attribute "TYPE" not specified

A check in the HTML4 specs will reveal that the language attribute is
deprecated and the type attribute is needed (just as the error message
says). This one takes the MIME type of the enclosed script as a value, in
your case it's type="text/javascript" (this is technically wrong, because
text/javascript is *still* not registered with IANA, but the best supported
choice).

> <map name="m_accreditation_r1_c14">
> ^
> Error: element "MAP" not allowed here; check which elements this
> element may be contained within

You don't provide the information, which element your map is in, it should
be inside a block-level element, e.g. p.

Christoph