Re: DTDs - not a fixed set

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:12:15 -0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

"Terje Bless" <link@pobox.com> wrote in message
news:a01060005-1021-45D3EF22E82A11D6AC5400039300CF5C@[193.157.66.10]...

> Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>
> >It seems that the validation service will not fetch DTDs over HTTP,
>
> It's supposed to fetch DTD over HTTP so if this fails we have a bug.
I'll
> look into it. Do you have an URL for a document I could use for
testing?

On that, wasn't there a feature request whereby instead of saying
"Current Doctype:  unknown "
and
"Congratulations, this document validates as the document type specified!
(I don't have an icon for this one yet, sorry.) "

we'd get the URI, or the Public Identifier of the doctype we'd used, did
that go nowhere?

It still fetches the DTDs for me in HTML btw.

Jim.