Re: Beta: file name extensions

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:56:36 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

>When trying to validate from http://validator.w3.org:8001/detailed.html
>I got a "tip" that points at http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI ^^^^^
>
>That's a rather surprising tip, since the document tells information
>providers to omit file name extentensions from URIs, something the
>validator does not do for it's documents :-)

You've been talking to sbp and AaronSw haven't you? :-)

This is a known issue which will be addressed at some point. But do note
that the "Tip of the Day" feature points at tips defined outside of the
Validator itself. The correct venue for feedback is outlined at
<URL:http://www.w3.org/2001/06tips/#process>.

--
"I don't want to learn to manage my anger;
 I want to FRANCHISE it!" -- Kevin Martin