Re: Public beta test of the W3C Markup Validator

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 19:42:10 +0300
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 16:46, Chris Lilley wrote:

> TB> However, it may be that the weak support for file uploads in current
> TB> browsers justifies special rules for files submitted via file upload.
>
> Possibly. I would rather know more about what headers are currently
> send in a file upload before arguing either for or against special
> rules.

I'm inclined to say yes for special rules (if those can be made); after
all, the purpose of the validator is to validate the submitted file, not
test the browser used for submitting it.  Of course, the (in)sanity of
the browser may affect the validation to some extent, and a notice about
this would be nice.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi