RE: desired feature for validator

The View Source checkbox on the HTML validator page
does offer much of the functionality I've requested --
in particular, the validator will show (as plain text)
just what the server sends to a remote client.
My request is mostly for readability purposes -- since there may be
pages with HTML features that are more readily validated by a quick visual
check, as opposed to sorting through what might be rather tedious
HTML code.

Daniel Hellerstein wrote:
>>It's not quite formal validation, but an option whereby the validator
>>returns the actual content returned by the server (displayed as html)
>>would be convenient. Say, a seperate window containing a copy of what
>>the server returned, displayed as text/html (rather then as
>>text/plain).  This kind of "validation" can be convenient for script
>>authors who are concerned that the output sent to a remote address
>>differs from what is generated by hitting the server internally.

Daniel Hellerstein
danielh@crosslink.net
http://www.srehttp.org