Re: problems with google links (and other links)

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:31:04 -0700
To: "cesar martin.iworkwithyou" <iworkwithyou@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

scripsit cesar martin.iworkwithyou:

> I am trying to get my page validated but all the URLs I copy and paste from
> google are not being validated.

You must escape the ampersands (`&') in the URLs with `&amp;', else you
are calling nonexistant entities like `&q;' or `&querytype;'.

Also, your nested lists are invalid.  You need:

<ul>
    <li>Foo.</li>
    <li>
        <ul>
            <li>Bar.</li>
            <li>Baz.</li>
        </ul>
    </li>
    <li>Quux.</li>
</ul>

<ul> may not have any direct children except <li>, so the sublist needs
to be inside a <li> element.

--
This e-mail was brought to you by the number e.

Thanasis Kinias
tkinias at asu.edu
Doctoral Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul