checklink: option to suppress msg

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:03:46 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Can we have an option to suppress the empty/duplicate anchor table
It causes a lot of scrolling in report --- even in summary view.
And in many cases the errors are extraneous
<h2 id="topic5"><a name="topic5"></a>Topic 5 -- FooBar</h2>
is a good example of defensive coding that is valid....
Why the null anchor instead of spanning the caption you ask.
Well there are still users of Netscape 4 and that browser will
underline a name anchor and isnt very good at accepting style to
turn off the decoration.... so i use a lot of anchors like the example.
This currently makes my screen bleed a lot of red ......
Please offer a checkbox to turn off the error msg

I guess it would be too much to ask to set a cookie so we dont
have to keep selecting our checkbox options over and over and over....
john russell ve3ll@rac.ca