Nov 26 2002 update possible error

From: Eric Anderson <anderson@cs.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:14:16 -0800
To: www-validator@w3.org

As of this current update, a whole set of pages which had been
validating correctly stopped.  Specifically, I'm getting the
following error message for all of them:

" I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of
the valid sources for such information. Without encoding information
it is impossible to validate the document. The sources I tried
are: [...] "

I don't know if this reveals some formerly unknown error in our
web server, or whether it's a Validator problem.  But it might be the
latter.

Here's one of the URLs for which this is happening:

http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~anderson/gtf/cis111/

| Eric W. Anderson                   E-Mail:  anderson@cs.uoregon.edu |
| Computer and Information Science   Phone:   (541)346-1381           |
| University of Oregon               USPS:    CIS Department          |
|                                             University of Oregon    |
|                                             Eugene, OR 97403-1202   |
| http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~anderson/                                |