Re: [Beta] Error Message

Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

>is there a place with all error messages un the form of a simple file.
>
>For example: Error: there is no attribute "title" for this element (in
>this HTML version)
>
>In this case it would be nice to have :
>
>Error: there is no attribute "title" for this "XXX" element (in YYY)
>
>Where XXX will be replaced by the name of the element and YYY by the
>version of MathML, SVG, XHTML, HTML etc you tried to validate with.

As Nick wrote, these are all straight from OpenSP and can be found in
lib/ParserMessages.cxx and lib/ParserMessages.msg. Unfortunately, altering
the messages to contain more details would require either modifying OpenSP
-- possibly in local patches due to lack of general applicability -- or
some fairly extensive hackery in "check". Adding the version and type of
markup in effect would have to happen in "check" in either case.

I've put this in the "future" part of the TODO list. It's not exactly
"impossible", but I have a hunch it'll be too expensive in terms of
implementation cost.

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact... Nothing says "I love you" like a
decapitated gopher on your front porch.