Re: The beta validator

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 15:16, elfin wrote:
>
>>Whilst testing a page for xhtml 1 strict compliance I noticd it didn't
>>pick up some unescaped &'s whereas the 'public' validator picked them
>>up.
>
>Whoo.  Looks like you're right.  Here's a couple of sample pages:
>
><http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/foo.html>
><http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/foo2.html>
>
>I'll go file a bug.

These are now reported as Warnings even for Valid documents. Without
digging too deeply into this it appears as though bare amperstands are not
in fact invalid. I speculate that these do not introduce entity references
since entity references cannot be null. You do get warnings about them, but
only because the characters are significant to SGML.

I need to dig some more to find out whether this is actually a bug in
OpenSP.

--
If you believe that will stop spammers, you're sadly misled. Rusty hooks,
rectally administered fuel oil enemas, and the gutting of their machines,