Re: validator missing an error

From: Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:40:11 -0500 (EST)
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

> * Jean Delvare wrote:
> >I could notice yesterday that though the validator will complain
> >about<font size=+1>, asking for quotes around +1, it won't complain
> >about<font size=-1>. It should, right?
>
> No, see http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.2
> If the attribute value contains no characters but [A-Za-z0-9:.-_]
> it may be left unquoted.

Oh, sorry I missed that detail. Seems that I had stop reading after
"(A-Za-z), digits". By the way, the validator says: "Error: an attribute
value must be quoted if it contains any character other than letters
(A-Za-z), digits, hyphens, and periods;", so colons and underscores are
not mentioned, but should be according to the above URI.

Thanks!

NB: The "Revalidate" button still doesn't work for uploaded files.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/