Re: Beta: Charset attribute

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 22:24:55 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

Lloyd Wood <l.wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk> wrote:

>Would it be possible to standardise a Content-Type:
>text/whatever-it-says-dude where the server explicitly hands over
>encoding assignation to the document and its meta tags?
>
>Such a Content-Type: would work well if used for browser uploads.

Everything is possible of course, but given that you have a charset
override option in the form I don't really see the point. If this ends up
being a big problem we may have to make special allowances for file
uploads; or perhaps add caching of file uploads so it's easier to
revalidate with a charset override if necessary.

--
"You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped DEE BARNES?!" -- eminem