Re: Beta: Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified!

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Terje Bless wrote:

> Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >Just ignore what I've written before and answer me, why and for whom is
> >it better if the validator refuses to validate instead of defaulting to
> >the most loose document type for validation?
>
> "For everyone involved!"

For this, and the related 'Default Character Encoding' issue, it would
probably help quite a lot if the error messages that report the lack of
DOCTYPE and/or Character Encoding mentioned that the Extended Interface
alows you to manually specify them.

Jon.

--
Jon Warbrick
Web/News Development, Computing Service, University of Cambridge