Validator Vs PHP

From: David Hughes <david.hughes@centralscotland.police.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 08:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I am the Web Manager for Central Scotland Police.  I have been testing my
site to ensure that it meets the correct standards and is accessible to
all.  Whilst using your Validator I found that when I escaped quotation
marks in PHP, the Validator flagged up that it was not acceptable.  This
as you can gather is a bit of a problem to me, since it is required that
the Police sites meet these standards.  I have attached the results page
to this email and hope that you will be able to give me some feedback on
what I can do or how I can solve this problem.

I know there are other errors in the page, some of which are due to
JavaScript (which is also causing me problems) and others that I am
currently in the process of solving.

I would be very grateful for any help and/or advice you can give me.

Regards

David Hughes
Web Manager
Central Scotland Police