XML Validation Service Updated

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:45:03 +0100 (BST)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

I have now fixed the remaining known issues[1] in the XML validator:

  - The entity resolver works properly
  - Validation continues even after a fatal error, to give a
    more useful/complete report.
  - Distinguishes Valid/Valid+warnings/Wellformed but not valid/Malformed
    instead of just Valid/Invalid

I hope and believe this service is now approaching stable quality,
but of course bug reports are, as ever, welcome.

Has anyone seen Gerald?  Is W3C interested in running such a service?

[1] Thanks Bjoern for not letting me get complacent about them

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.