Re: COMMENTS RE: W3C LINK CHECKER

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Highsmith, Elizabeth E wrote:

> I have ran several link checkers using the W3C Link Checker on some of the
> Web pages that I maintain and found it to be unhelpful and inaccurate.

You're running the link checker on a Boeing internal web page not
meant to be externally accessible, behind the Boeing firewall, on a
machine whose DNS is only propagated within Boeing.

No wonder a copy of the service located externally has problems.
Download and run your own internal link checker locally, inside your
own administrative domain.

L.

 The

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>