checklink goes into internal infinite loop when faced with redirection loop

From: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh@earth.li>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 17:06:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

Sorry if this is a known issue, I could find it from a quick search
through the archives.

I accidentally created a redirect from a page to itself - page A
redirected to page B redirected to page B etc. The checklink script
read the redirections fine, but when it came to printing out
the report it hung. I had to run the script under the perl debugger to
discover what was going on.

The problem is in &get_redirects - it seems to declare a %seen hash which
would be the obvious thing to use to check for loops, but it doesn't use
it. I'd be happy to supply a patch if anyone wants.

Cheers,

Ganesh