Re: Scripts...

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 07:30:46 +0100 (BST)
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
cc: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>, <www-validator@w3.org>
On Sat, 11 May 2002, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Ville Skytt wrote:
> >Maybe a nitpick thingy, but I'd rather not recommend using
> >"text/javascript" since it is not officially registered in IANA [1].
> >
> >"application/x-javascript" would IMHO be a better, more established
> >choice, that's what for example Apache sends by default.  See also [2].
>
> Using private media types in a public envoirement is worse to me than
> using a not-yet registered type. But this is offtopic here...

On the contrary, that's exactly what "x-[anything]" media types are for:
a type known to one or more Client or Server, but not registered.
And it's not *very* offtopic either: if, for instance, we were to
contemplate a javascript validator then it would become very relevant
indeed.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.