Re: validator failed to spot a missing ">"

scripsit robin szemeti:
> On Thursday 02 May 2002 09:41, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> > scripsit robin szemeti:
> > > shall I post a test case, or is this known-behaviour and already in hand?
> >
> > A test-case or example URI would be very helpful.
>
> OK .. I cut out the smallest piece that exhibits the effect ...

There are some strange constructs that are technically valid under SGML;
is this one of them?

When the DOCTYPE is manually overriden as XHMTL 1.0 Transitional, the
validator complains about the missing '>', as well as all the expected
problems with the <meta> elements.

Are we dealing with a validator bug or an actual difference between SGML and
XML?

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul