validator failed to spot a missing ">"

From: robin szemeti <robin@rszemeti.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:34:28 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I recently found a problem (by hand) with a web page that refused to display
correctly in IE6 or Netscape 6.2 (was fine in many other browsers)  It turned
out to be a missing ">" on a href, but strangely the validator (both command
line and web-based) failed to spot it .. and declared the page valid ...

shall I post a test case, or is this known-behaviour and already in hand?

--
Robin Szemeti