Re: XML Validation Service

* Nick Kew wrote:
>I have a test version of the long-awaited Xerces-based validation
>service up and running.  There are known issues with it, but it's
>now ready for public testing.  Please see the development server at
><URL:http://valet.webthing.com:8000/> for details.

usenet_archive % netc valet.webthing.com 8000
GET  /xmltest/val.so?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbjoern.hoehrmann.de HTTP/1.1
Host: valet.webthing.com:8000
Connection: close

i.e., document contains no headers and no data. Validating the same
document using an XML mime type I get

  error /xmlib/xhtml11/xhtml11-model-1.mod 116 38 Entity 'ruby.qname'
    was not found
  fatal /xmlib/xhtml11/xhtml-inlstruct-1.mod 52 39 Expected an element
    name

Hm, I don't remember errors in the XHTML 1.1 DTDs? I suggest to add the
possibility to validate XHTML documents using the text/html media type
and to fix this no-response bug.