Re: My validator patches

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:40:12 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>Looks like you didn't set up the IO you thought for the subprocess.

No, it works fine from a shell or from mod_cgi so there is definitely some
weirdnes with mod_perl. I know it does some nasty things to your namespace
and I/O so this isn't entirely surprising, but I've yet to figure out just
exactly what's going on.

The immediate reason for the error is that "check" SIGPIPEs when I try to
write to "onsgmls"' STDIN.

>>And let me be perfectly clear on this point: Validator does *not* run
>>under mod_perl!
>
>If you have yet to crack that learning curve, maybe you'd be better to
>abandon it until such time as you can work with the Apache2.0 API?

I don't expect Apache::Registry's interface to change all that much under
Apache 2.0. It's mostly a "CGI workalike". Rewriting it as a handler, OTOH,
will wait for Apache 2.0. :-)

--
Editor's note: in the last update,   we noted that Larry Wall would "vomment"
on existing RFCs. Some took that to be a cross between "vomit" and "comment."