Re: My validator patches

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 02:14, Terje Bless wrote:

> BTW, please feel free to stop by #validator on irc.openprojects.net. It's
> taken over a lot of the development-related discussions about the validator
> that used to be on the list. I'm usually there (logging if I'm away) Sean
> and Nick are there or stops by pretty much every day; and Gerald is much
> easier to get a hold of on IRC then on email (when he's not /completely/
> AWOL as he's been lately).

Ok, will do, soonish.

After taking a look at the current 0_6_0 branch all is much clearer :)
I (of course) had to try the newest version on that branch out, so I've
modified my patches that were not yet applied and added a couple of new
ones, they're now at
http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/patches/w3c-validator/
cachalot.ods.org is still down, so I'll be dumping my patches at the URL
above from now on.

I also tried running validator with mod_perl (actually, I thought that I
had been doing that for the past half a year, turned out to be a nasty
config bug => no mod_perl), and received interesting results: onsgmls
(1.3.4, RedHat 7.2) gives me:

Line 1, column 0: end of document in prolog ("end of document in
prolog")
  ^

This happens both with Apache::Registry and Apache::PerlRun
(mod_perl-1.26, perl-5.6.1).  Any ideas?

> Easy install on RH is a goal (along with easy or easier install on Debian,
> *BSD, `doze, and Mac OS X).

Yes, and the new config file system will make this a lot easier.

Side note: the current temp file handling looks nice indeed, but does
IPC::Open3 work on Windows/others?  STDERR?

> XHTML will be handled with a template system of some kind most likely.
> HTML::Template is the lead candidate ATM.

Ok.

Cheers,
--
Ville Skyttä