Re: Validator fails with PHP and sessions

Never mind... I resolved the problem.  Sorry.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Exclupen.com
  To: www-validator@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 2:16 AM
  Subject: Validator fails with PHP and sessions

  Hi,

  I'm currently using PHP 4.1.2 (newest version) with --enable-trans-id.  This means that if cookies are disabled, PHP automatically appends &PHPSESSID=8aa2ade9430f859b5c6e2a8ad1ba924c" (the actual session ID varies) to every link.

  I've read some of the posts (I doubt I've found nearly all of them, since the search feature isn't working... fyi) about replacing & with & but PHP is doing this automatically and I can't change it. (it's not my server, even if I knew how)

  Is it acceptable XHTML (I'm trying to validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional) to have a & in the query string instead of an & (meaning it's a bug in the validator)?  What can I do to make my page validate?

  TIA,

  Marshall Roch
  Webmaster, Exclupen.com
  webmaster@exclupen.com