Re: XHTML 1.1 Automatic Verification

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:55:22 +0100 (BST)
To: The Matt <thompsma@colorado.edu>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, <gerald@w3.org>

On Fri, 24 May 2002, The Matt wrote:

> I tried various searches on the list for this question, but I couldn't
> find it.  So, I pose it to you:
>
> My quite horrific homepage (where I test things, so beauty isn't
> important--see below) is verified as XHTML 1.1 by
> http://validator.w3.org.  Thus, I put the PNG badge and accompanying
> code on my page. But, I noticed that unlike HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0,
> when I click the badge, the validator doesn't automatically validate the
> URI.

Have you changed the page since posting that?  Worked fine for me
just now; maybe you were running the validator through something
like a privacy protector that stripped your referer header.

I'm not even going to try to read your near-white text on a white
background.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.