Validator Error?

From: Nikolay Dolgov <ndolgov@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 23:18:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

I'm getting concerned with the validator service. It would not validate a
page which contains a TARGET attribute for A element("Error: there is no
attribute "TARGET" for this element (in this HTML version)"). I do not see
any good reason for it, since HTML 4.01 clearly states "The target attribute
may be set for elements that create links (A, LINK), image maps (AREA), and
forms (FORM)." [http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html] I would
appreciate if you address this issue in the future patches for the
validator. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nikolay Dolgov.