XHTML 1.1 Automatic Verification

From: The Matt <thompsma@colorado.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:53:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
I tried various searches on the list for this question, but I couldn't
find it.  So, I pose it to you:

My quite horrific homepage (where I test things, so beauty isn't
important--see below) is verified as XHTML 1.1 by
http://validator.w3.org.  Thus, I put the PNG badge and accompanying
code on my page. But, I noticed that unlike HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0,
when I click the badge, the validator doesn't automatically validate the
URI.

That is, if I change the page to be XHTML 1.0 Strict in the DOCTYPE, and
I click the badge with the same code, validator automatically goes to
the page which you get after clicking "Validate this page" at
http://validator.w3.org.  Is there a way to get the automatic behavior
back for 1.1?  Or will I have to put
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=... for it to work?

Thank you for your time,
Matt Thompson
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good