Re: Flash movies in XHTML 1.0

From: Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:45:41 -0700
To: "Tim Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>, <Raymurray1972@aol.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

But <object> doesn't work for embedding plug-ins into any current version of Netscape or Opera, so one must be cautious using it.

In the latest builds of Mozilla it half-works--the plug-in will load if it has been installed manually. An automatic download and installation scheme is supposedly also in the code, but as no plug-in vendors have yet built the new-style packages, it can't be tested completely quite yet.