<script> and <noscript> in xhtml

From: François Battail <francois.battail@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:37:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi all,

I've just tried to validate some code written in xhtml 1.1 like this :

   <script type="text/javascript">
   <!--
     document.write (myJSFunction ()) ;
   // -->
   </script>
   <noscript>
     Some text here for non javascript enabled browsers
   </noscript>

and the validator is telling me:
Some text here for non javascript enabled browsers
^
Error: text is not allowed here; try wrapping the text in a more
descriptive container

and:

</noscript>
^
Error: missing a required sub-element of "noscript"

Error: text is not allowed here; try wrapping the text in a more
descriptive container

Am I missing something? From the recommendations (html4, 4.01; xhtml 1
strict, xhtml 1.1) the <noscript> is still alive...
I'm completely stuck on this one, if you have any idea please mail me,
thanks a lot!

--
François Battail