HTTP Expire Header for /check/referer

From: Mikael Lind <z94lind@mtek.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:54:03 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello.

NOTE: As I am not subscribed to this list, please direct any

I use the HTML Validator service to validate the pages on my personal
site. For convenience, I link to the validator using
<http://validator.w3.org/check/referer>. The problem with this is
that the validator results are cached within my browser (I use Opera
6.04 for Windows 98), meaning that I get outdated results, and
somtimes results for the wrong page. Have you considered adding a
HTTP Expire header? I searched the list archives for "expire" and
found this post:

> 1. Http Expire Header on Referer Check (score: 160) (3,034 bytes)
> Author: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <bjoern@hoehrmann.de>, Date: Mon, 2 Aug
> 1999 11:37:04 -0400 (EDT) List: Public/ www-validator

> Hi, I suggest to set an expire header, if a referer check is
> requestet to avoid the caching of this document. Something like use
> HTTP::Date; $parameters = $ENV{PATH_INFO} || $ENV{QUERY_STRING};
> print

However, I could not find any replies to the post, and the problem
still exists. Do you have any comments?

Regards,
Mikael

--
I wished for 4 uncursed scrolls of gold detection
and all I got was this lousy .signature