Re: W3C-HTML-Signet has no transparence

Terje,

I spent some time fooling around with the XHTML 1.0 logo, trying to create a version that used PNG to its full potential, particularly with regard to partial alpha transparency. I think I e-mailed you an archive of my results, but am not sure if you received it. I'm also not sure your legal types will go for it, but if others want to use a semi-rogue logo, they can check out the flavors I made here:

http://www.petesguide.com/WebStandards/tests/PNGsupport.html

http://www.petesguide.com/WebStandards/tests/PNGtransparency/PNG-type3-Indexed-tRNS-multiple.png is probably the one that works best cross-browser. IE/Win treats all the partial transparency as 100% transparent, preventing the full anti-aliased appearance on the check, but it does look better in Netscape and Opera than the current official version.

That page also has a couple grayscale versions.