Re: the validator

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:02:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dr Bell <bellre@msn.com>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Dr Bell wrote:

>    the validator needs to be upgraded, to recognize new code.

Like what?

> and get real, i
> can put an image tag any where i wish to have an image in
> my web pages.

Not according to W3C standards for HTML.

It sounds like perhaps it's the W3C standards that you dislike rather than
the validator that checks against them.  If so, this isn't the right forum
for your rant.

> and java script that calls a news ticker will
> never be validated by your engine.

It will if it's written as valid HTML.  If you provide an example of some
HTML that you're having trouble validating, we may be able to help.

--
Liam Quinn