url validation

From: Gregor Wolbring <gwolbrin@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:57:59 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi everybody,
I amgoing through my webpage for XHTML 1.0 Trans validation. Now my
problem is. THere is an external link which is not complying. But I need
to show that link as it refers to an article in a newspaper where I am
quoted. But that newspaper url is not compliant.
Do I have to through that link out or is there a way around it.and still
get the logo for compliance?
Also there are forms like the CGI search I take from my webprovider and
yahoo logo for subscribing to a listserve . Both show up as not
compliant. How do I deal with that?
THanks
Cheers
Gregor