Validating for Accessibility: Prototype

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:18:19 +0000 (GMT)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>, <w3-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

As hinted at in the past, I've been developing a capability within
visval to run additional tests on document elements and attributes.
This is aimed at integrating WCAG-based accessibility testing within
the validator.

I have today installed a working prototype at
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/page/wcag.html>
It remains work-in-progress, but should at least offer a proof-of-concept.

I'll be very interested in feedback on this one, particularly with
regard to whether it should be more or less fussy, what other tests it
should or shouldn't run, whether the presentation and the brevity
of the messages is OK.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>