Re: Macintosh charset blowing up?

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 16:33:37 +0900
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>, www-validator@w3.org, Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>, nhtcapri@rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de
I checked on another machine. What I got is:

toro:~> iconv --version
iconv (GNU libc) 2.2.4
Written by Ulrich Drepper.
toro:~> iconv -f MACINTOSH -t UTF-8 <test.htm >test.utf8
iconv: illegal input sequence at position 460

The output file ends exactly where iconv 2.1 left a null byte.

So something has changed, but not enough. I guess somebody should
contact Ulrich or so directly.

Regards,   Martin.