W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-validator@w3.org > February 2002

Used modularization to restore the use of TARGET=

From: Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:19:35 -0800
Message-ID: <001501c1bd92$1d2a2260$6501a8c0@cadpkslaptop>
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I got frustrated with the target attribute being depricated in XHTML 1.0 Strict, and figured others were equally frustrated, so I did something about it.

I used the modular nature of XHTML 1.1 to create my own DTD that simply references the official XHTML 1.1 DTD, and the Target module that is part of XHTML 1.1, but not its DTD.

The real credit goes to Sean Palmer in helping me understand what I needed to do and then debug my first attempts at writing a DTD.

I've put the DTD on my site, and intend on this being a static URL. Suggestions/flames welcome.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//PetesGuide//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus Target//EN"
                      "http://www.PetesGuide.com/DTDs/XHTML11target.dtd">
Received on Sunday, 24 February 2002 19:20:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 25 April 2012 12:14:00 GMT