Re: Validator bug for HTML 4.01 Strict DTD?

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:43:53 +0000 (GMT)
To: Davydd Cook <davydd@mnsi.net>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, <gerald@w3.org>

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Davydd Cook wrote:

> Wondering about this and how anybody would manage to write a framed site
> using the strict HTML 4.01 DTD, I popped over to

You wouldn't.  You would use another DTD.

If you want to open another window, you would use a scripting event,
thereby empowering users who don't want another window to turn it
off even if they have a primitive browser that fails to warn them
about new windows.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>