Re: URI?

"Michael Hutchison" <myankee@ij.net> wrote:

> I am a relative newb in re: webmastering. I visited the HTML
> validator page; had it review my home page and got some useful feedback. I have one question at this point and swear I am not trying to be a smart aleck. Is URI (as opposed to URL) a typo or is this there an acronym I am not familiar with?

For brief introduction, take a look at:

    http://www.w3.org/Addressing/#terms

You'll find a bunch of references in that page.  For further backgrounds,
you might want to take a look at the following document:

   URIs, URLs, and URNs: Clarifications and Recommendations 1.0
   W3C Note 21 September 2001
   http://www.w3.org/TR/uri-clarification

Regards,
--