Re: Minor modification to improve ease of use.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> One small improvement would be some indication, of "pass" or "fail", on the
> top left corner of the page, so that it would be possible to know how a page
> as fared, even when viewing in a small window, or a PDA screen, without
> having to scroll down.

Do you mean like the little valid/invalid box on Page Valet reports?

Actually therein lies a good point.  Whilst I wouldn't necessarily
regard a minor extra convenience for PDA users as a high priority
here, it would improve overall accessibility to put a simple
yes/no somewhere near the top of the linearisation of a results page.

As a user, if you're looking for flexibility in the presentation of
your results, why not use an XML (or EARL) option rather than an
HTML page for your reports?

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>