Re: Unwanted robot accesses from your site

You know, now that I've calmed down a bit after reading the subject line of this e-mail, I think this would be a good juncture to suggest tweaking this list's configuration so that the text "[www-validator]", say, got prepended to the subject line of each post.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: miim webmaster
  To: www-validator@w3.org
  Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 7:39 AM
  Subject: Unwanted robot accesses from your site

  We don't want your robot to visit our site.

  We don't use your service, and we don't particularly
  like the idea of other people using your robot to
  scan our site.

  There is a standard for robot exclusion.  Your robot
  doesn't follow it.  It should.  All we can do at this
  time is use Apache rules to shovel garbage into it
  when it visits.  It would save everyone a lot of
  trouble if it honored the standard robots.txt.