Valid CSS image doesn't validate...

From: brihana25 <bri@erfanfic.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:35:13 -0600
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi.

I'd like to thank whoever it is who is responsible for the site, and all the
validators available on it.  I've learned more about XHTML 1.0 in the past
two hours than I have in the past year.

Anyway, I just thought I'd pass along this small tidbit of information.
When my CSS validated, I added the image to my source code, copied and
pasted directly from the site.  When I ran the site validator again (XHTML
1.0 STRICT), the image didn't validate.  There is no close on the image tag.

:)

Just thought you should know.

bri