RE: Validation?

Hi Phoenix,

Likely one of two things is happening.

The first is that there is an error in the html (probably a tag that doesn't end before another tag begins in a highly unusual way) and so the validator only displays the first instance where it notices a problem.  It's actually doing you a favor because as you correct one part of the code, the ability to correct other parts of the code increases.

The second possibility is that the bordercolor attribute is an internet explorer or netscape only attribute and therefor is not supported as standard/valid html.

Since I opened your page in the Opera browser (www.opera.com) and the border did not show up as blue, I'd assume that bordercolor is just not a standard tag.

The validator growls at unstadard tags not to be hard to deal with, but because internet explorer has a long history of coming up with new tags that not every other browser will have a chance to support and so people feel the need to write pages for internet explorer only and put those "best viewed with Internet Explorer" tags all over the place and give IE free advertising.

While IE does offer a lot of really neat and astonishing javascript and extra tag support, it is also not supporting some fundamental html and css functions due to bugs it is not working out while it's busy coming up with new tags and attributes.  This is why the w3c folks who write the validator get annoyed, because as long as IE is hogging the net by making everyone write nonstandard pages that only work in IE, there is no way the standards project will work and everyone will just have to put up with not advancing all the really important things internet explorer does not support.

In my personal opinion, I think your site would look great if you just put border="0" in the table tag and didn't worry about what color the border was.

Or, as an alternative, you could use a style sheet like this in the header of your document to create the border reliably on any browser:

td.blueborder {
  border-top:1px solid #0000FF;
  border-bottom:1px solid #0000FF;
  border-right:1px solid #0000FF;
  border-left:1px solid #0000FF;
  margin:5px 5px 5px 5px;
  padding:5px;
  }

And then call on the class that draws the border in your TD tag like this:

 < td class="blueborder" >

Hope that helps!

www.Client-Success.com
New Media that's right for You.