Re: Fonts in validator page

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:20:57 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Christoph Päper:

> sans-serif;

> IMHO "sans-serif" would suffice, but except Verdana the others aren't
> such bad choices, most probably your Linux' TrueType or antialiasing
> support is disabled / not configured correctly.

Actually I don't think anyone comes to the validator to look at pretty
fonts. So just leaving out any font-family rules, letting everyone see
their browsers default font, would be the absolutely best choice. That
way any strange problems with Konqueror or any other browser would just
dissappear.

> Btw.: I noticed some other flaws in the CSSs:

Why should the validator play with CSS at all? Plain simple XHTML would
do just fine.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> <http://www.bertilow.com>