Re: Validating all pages on a website

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 03:44:09 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: "michael zeltner ./." <michael.zeltner@chello.at>, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1@obviously.com>

michael zeltner ./. <michael.zeltner@chello.at> wrote:

>Bryce Nesbitt (spam account) <bryce1@obviously.com> wrote:
>>This is a suggestion/question:  How might I go about validating ALL the
>>pages of a website, not one-by-one?
>
>a "validate a page and its links" option would be useful... then you
>could put up a sitemap and validate all pages...
>
>will there ever be something like that?

An option to recursively check an entire website is on the TODO list as a
feature request, yes. There are currently no hard plans for implementing it
so it remains to be "some time in the future".

Thanks for your feedback on this.

--
We've gotten to a point where a human-readable,  human-editable text format
forstructured data has become a complex nightmare where somebody can safely