Re: Validating all pages on a website

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 03:44:09 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: "michael zeltner ./." <michael.zeltner@chello.at>, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce1@obviously.com>

michael zeltner ./. <michael.zeltner@chello.at> wrote:

>Bryce Nesbitt (spam account) <bryce1@obviously.com> wrote:
>>This is a suggestion/question:  How might I go about validating ALL the
>>pages of a website, not one-by-one?
>a "validate a page and its links" option would be useful... then you
>could put up a sitemap and validate all pages...
>will there ever be something like that?

An option to recursively check an entire website is on the TODO list as a
feature request, yes. There are currently no hard plans for implementing it
so it remains to be "some time in the future".

Thanks for your feedback on this.

We've gotten to a point where a human-readable,  human-editable text format
forstructured data has become a complex nightmare where somebody can safely
say "As many threads on xml-dev have shown, text-based processing of XML is
hazardous at best" and be perfectly valid in saying it.     -- Tom Bradford