Re: flakey charset detection

Ian Hickson wrote:

> I note you did not respond to my request to point out the mistakes,
> internal inconsistencies, and biases that you said were in my document.
> Should I assume you couldn't find any on a closer reading?

No, you should assume I want to limit the amount of time I spend on
this.  I didn't take notes when I read it, and I'd have to reread.

The bias ("don't use XHTML") is pretty strong.

I do remember noticing that you used one argument "against" XHTML in
one context, and in a different context where it fought "for" XHTML you
either neglected to apply it, or applied it in a way that'd have made it
"for" in the first context (applying the argument consistently).  I think
there were multiple instances of that, related to UAs treating XHTML
as "tag soup" (just like HTML), but that was just a quick skim so I'd
likely have seen more if I tried.

- Dave