Re: HTML Validator Recommendations

Le mar 03/12/2002 à 21:06, Tony Rogers a écrit :
> 4. This one's a little more blurry of an issue with me.  Macromedia FlashMX
> has an autopublish feature.  If one takes JUST the code for the flash itself
> (not the rest of the code flash generates for the html document) and use it
> in a web page, nearly every tag in the Flash code gets errors.  Particularly
> guilty are all the <param> attributes and the <embed> attribute (recommended
> for making flash viewable on Netscape).  Any solutions?  Is there a "proper"
> way to embed flash movies on a webpage?

See http://www.alistapart.com/stories/flashsatay/
"I’VE WORKED WITH FLASH for several years and have always been slightly
dissatisfied with the markup needed to embed a movie in web pages. When
I recently published a site in XHTML, my dissatisfaction with the markup
grew as I realized that it simply wasn’t valid in this context and was
bloating my pages to unacceptable levels. A leaner, standards-compliant
method of embedding Flash movies was called for."

Dom
W3C/INRIA
mailto:dom@w3.org