Re: /etc/w3c/validator.conf

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:31:52 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Serguei Trouchelle <stro@isd.dp.ua>

Serguei Trouchelle <stro@isd.dp.ua> wrote:

>I've downloaded check script from validator.w3.org, but failed to run it
>because of requirement of /etc/w3c/validator.conf file.

Where did you find that version of the Validator? CVS? The current released
version isn't supposed to require that configuration file.

The development version does require it. A default config is included in
$CVSROOT/htdocs/config/check.cfg, which can be modified and installed into
/etc/w3c/validator.conf. An alternative is to set the environment variable
(using httpd.conf's SetEnv directive) W3C_VALIDATOR_CFG to the
configuraation file you want to use.

--
"I don't mind being thought of as a badguy,
 but it /really/ annoys me to be thought of