suggestions from a developers point of view

From: Adam van den Hoven <AvandenHoven@cucbc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:03:56 -0700
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
At my company, I am responsible for telling our developers what HTML to
generate. Our developers are Java guys who don't know a whole lot about
markup. Ensuring that they are producing valid HTML code is a real
problem since their computers are not accessible from the outside world.
Getting them to regularly save the output HTML and submit it to the
service is never going to happen.

What I would like to be able to do is submit, not a URL or a file, but a
string. This would make it easy (if not particularly safe for a
production environment) to create an HTTP request from within my JSP
code that would retrieve the validation report (even better is to make
the java.io.PrintWriter.flush() method do the validation and append it
to the output). This way the developers will have no problem producing
valid HTML.

Also, it would be nice to retrieve the report as xml.

Adam