Re: w3c and apache team

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:09:34 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

At 17:52 -0700 2002-08-13, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
>FWIW, I would have to agree with Björn on this from an end-user
>perspective.  _Normally_ I would want a validator simply to return an
>error if it gets a 404, but a switch (like the DOCTYPE and charset
>overrides) to validate 403/404/whatever error pages would be quite
>useful.  What would be problematic would be validating the 404 page by
>default, as it could be confusing to get the ``No errors found!'' result
>when I've miskeyed a URL.

Did I missed something?
Except for built-in Web server error pages (which is bad because not
modifiable), the Error pages are often real files like for example

So you still have the possibility to give the address of this page
and validate it without having a 404 code from the server but a

Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---