Re: Validator success gif and problem.

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:00:35 -0700
To: Paul Mayo <mortislegion@hotmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

(copying the list, so it goes into the archives -- use "reply all" or
similar feature on your mail client so CCs don't get dropped)

scripsit Paul Mayo:
>    Hi, thanks for the reply, It seems that the gif is now opening to the
>    Main W3C validation page. It seemed to fix itself. I'm sorry I didn't
>    add the url in the first place. It was actually opening the validation
>    page itself with information from someone else's web page about their
>    hobbies and music tastes, and telling me what wasn't valid, just
>    basically showing what it should do when a url is put in to be
>    validated.
>    I also have another question which you may be able to help me with. I
>    was trying to validate a Frameset but it doesn't recognise border=0 I
>    looked up the 4.01 html tags and it says to use frameborder=0 which
>    made my frameset valid but also didn't make the line between the
>    frames disappear like it should. Should I leave my frameset invalid? I
>    know it works but I'd really like it to be valid. Hope you can help,
>    thanks for your quick reply to the earlier problem too.

I never, ever use Frameset DTDs so I can't really say much about how
various user agents will render valid frameset pages.  Perhaps someone
else on the list can comment there.

Again, posting a URL will help to see what's going on.

Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology
Graduate Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul